Among protests by job aspirants over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations in Jharkhand, the state government has taken a major decision. Following a cabinet meeting led by Chief Minister Hemant Soren, the JSSC-CGL examination was announced to be cancelled.
At one time, a decision was made to cancel all recruitment examinations conducted and results published since 2014 through the outsourced agency TSR Data Processing Pvt Ltd (TDPL). Furthermore, the formation of a new 'Exam Reforms Committee' was announced to strengthen the recruitment examination system.
Following a lengthy cabinet meeting on Monday, Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced the cancellation of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination. Cancelling this exam was one of the key demands of the protesting job aspirants.
Additionally, the government has decided to cancel all examinations conducted and the results published through the outsourced agency TSR Data Processing Pvt Ltd since 2014.
The government has said that questions have arisen regarding recruitment examinations conducted through TDPL. The Chief Minister also mentioned that investigations by the CID and the Special Investigation Team have uncovered some unusual findings.
According to Hemant Soren, the investigation has revealed a potential link between irregularities in a major examination and several agencies operating in Jharkhand. However, certain details of the investigation have not yet been disclosed.
The government has decided to constitute an Exam Reforms Committee to bring about changes in the recruitment examination system. Led by senior IAS officer Amitabh Kaushal, this committee will make necessary recommendations to strengthen the examination process.
The government has already set up the 'Jharkhand Competitive Examination (Prevention and Redressal of Unfair Means in Recruitment) Act'. It has stated that this law will be strictly enforced to curb irregularities in recruitment examinations in the future.
Although the cancellation of the JSSC-CGL has been announced, the protesters are not entirely satisfied. Their key demands included a CBI inquiry into allegations of irregularities in the examination.
The JPSC-JSSC Reforms Manch has said that their protest will continue until a decision regarding a CBI inquiry is reached. Six job aspirants had even observed a hunger strike during the protest. Another round of discussions between the government and the protesters was scheduled to take place. The agitation had previously continued for over three weeks.
Following the decision to cancel the JSSC-CGL, another issue has emerged. Several candidates who had successfully cleared the exam and secured government jobs gathered outside the state secretariat to oppose this decision.
They argue that the cancellation of the exam could risk the employment of approximately 2,000 individuals. Consequently, they have appealed to the Chief Minister to reconsider the decision to cancel the examination.
The opposition BJP has also supported the protesters' demand for a CBI inquiry. Leader of the Opposition Babulal Marandi has urged the Chief Minister to accept the candidates' demands. He questioned why the government would object to a CBI probe if it had confidence in the recruitment process.
Alongside the government's decision, the CID is ongoing its investigation into allegations of irregularities in the examinations. CID Additional Director General Manoj Kaushik said that raids are also being conducted at the JSSC office, following up on complaints regarding irregularities in various exams.
Meanwhile, protesters have announced plans to lay siege to the Chief Minister's residence on August 20. So, the controversy surrounding recruitment examinations in Jharkhand shows no signs of subsiding for now, even after the cancellation of the JSSC exam.


Comments ( 0)
Leave a Comment
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!